Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2nd, Part II

I was so excited to learn that my ward was able to sign up to clean the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  Last night around 6:15 I pulled out my recommend to make sure I could find it before we left, we had to be there at 6:45. To my horror I realized that it expired in February!!!!  I called Pat panicked and so sad!  He told me that it was too bad, but we should go out anyway since we had a sitter.  I couldn't let it go and called our Bishop.  He told me to come over immediately and he'd make a phone call.  I left the house with Lukas in charge and told our babysitter to come now if she could! The Bishop interviewed me and sent me to President Wood's house for the second interview.  By then Pat had made it home, Lindsay was with the kids and away we went to see Pres. Wood.  He was so accommodating and signed my recommend.  We rushed to the temple and were just a few minutes late.  It was a miracle!!!  And what a blessing to be able to serve in the temple.  Although I have to say, there wasn't a spec of dirt in that beautiful building.  I got to dust with my dear friend Kelly and others from our ward.  Even though it was my own fault for not checking my recommend sooner, I feel that Heavenly Father was looking out for me and wanted me to have this experience.  I'm so thankful for that.  For His tender mercies.  And on top of that, as I'm getting ready to pay the babysitter, she insists on NOT taking my money.  It touched my heart so much.  What a sweet girl to want to do it for free!!  I know that goodness goes around and the more you give the more you get.  Thank you Bishop Jenkins,  President Wood, Pat, Lindsay and Kelly for making my day/night!!!!!!

1 comment: