Monday, March 19, 2012

March 18th

There is something so nice about getting a compliment.  It builds us up, confirms what we hope to believe and gives us confidence.  Then why is it so hard to give compliments sometimes?  I listen to my thoughts and know that I am complimenting a lot of people in my head, but what good does that do?  It's wasted and you never know what it will do for the person receiving it.  There have been countless times when someone has said something to me that helped me so much in times that I was struggling.  Well, NO MORE!  Let the compliments flow!  I tried today to give a sincere compliment to someone that I'm not close with, that sometimes even rubs me the wrong way.  I didn't want it to be fake or insincere.  It was well received and I think it helped me to like this person more than if I had kept it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment