Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11th

My cute cousin, Marisa, left for Honduras a few days ago.  She is going to help native's that want to be missionaries, but that can't afford their Dr. check-ups or dentist visits.  So a large group is going (including a Dr. and Dentist) to help these locals to afford to serve a mission.  They will have missionary clothing and other toiletries to help them get a head start.  Marisa asked if I had any old ties or missionary attire that I could donate to take with her.  I wish I had started looking for stuff sooner because I know I would've been able to get more stuff.  I decided to head to Walmart and load up on things she could take that would be helpful.  Whitney wanted to help (what's new, that girl is always giving!) and so she donated some money and I went shopping.  It was fun to choose things and hope that they would be of some use to these willing souls all the way over in Honduras.  I decided that I wanted this to be the "donate money to a good cause" item on my RAOK list.  I love missionaries and all that they sacrifice to spread the gospel, so here's to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment