Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9th

We frequent the library at least weekly.  My kids love checking out movies and Zoey loves finding the Princess books to take home.  It is so kid-friendly and an easy, cheap hour of entertainment.  I have wanted to find a way to do a RAOK at the library and thought how cool it would be to pay someone's fines.  I don't know who doesn't have fines, especially anyone with kids.  I always find a way to lose a book or misplace a movie and then find that it's overdue.  So I picked up Max and his buddy, Aiden from preschool and took the kids to the library.  As we checked out I paid my fine and asked the librarian to find someone that could use some help and I'd pay their fine, too.  She was very nice and helpful and thanked me for wanting to do that.  She picked someone and now that person is at a 0 balance!  Yay, a fresh start!  It made me feel good.  And because I felt good I was nicer to my kids and hopefully they were nicer to each other. And on and on.  :)

While we were here, another item on my list was to read a book out loud.  So I loaded up on books and sat the kids down and started reading.  Zoey wandered off, but Aiden and Max loved it.  There were a few other kids that came over to listen for a minute.  I need to take more time to read to my kids.  It was fun and they actually sat and listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment