Monday, March 19, 2012

March 17th

Be a nice driver.  This is easier said than done.  Honest to goodness, I try, but I am hot headed when it comes to dealing with others on the road.  It has to be the 18 months I spent in NY/NJ driving as a missionary that brought out the road rage in me.  Well, today I tried to be different.  I mean, I didn't wake up saying this was going to be my RAOK, but when the opportunity presented itself, I did my best.  So here's the story... Driving to my MIL's for a birthday party with the kids.  I had just exited the freeway and was behind several cars at the light.  I started to go when CRASH, a car behind me slams into the back of my car.  My initial reaction was, well, anger.  I was like, "Are you kidding me?  What the  heck?  This is a brand new car, you have got to be joking?  WHY?"  (Only slip in a few swear words...) But then I realized that accidents happen.  That there isn't enough room in the world for anger.  So, quickly I calmed down and stepped out of the car and proceeded to be the nice driver I wanted to be.  It turned out to be a young kid who actually got rear ended by someone that quickly sped off and left us with the damage.  (Don't worry, it will come back to him.  Some time, some way, but it will come back to him.)  And the damage to my car was minimal.  And the kid felt terrible and no one was hurt.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment