Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 26th

I was sick today.  Runny nose, sore throat, achy body.  NO FUN!  I knew I couldn't do much today, so I decided to just THANK my Heavenly Father for my blessings and ask for nothing in return.  It is actually harder than it sounds!  I always want to ask to keep my family safe and to have the spirit with me.  I know He is waiting to bless us, we just need to call on Him.  This time it felt really good to be able to sincerely thank Him and not ask for anything.  I know I am nothing without Heavenly Father and He guides me in my life. So get on your knees and start counting your blessings...you'll be surprised!! Or keep a prayer journal.  I find that I am so tired at the end of the day that if I sit quietly to pray, I end up asleep and don't get to finish my prayer.  So I started writing them down.  Not every day, but when I am trying really hard to focus.  It has helped me so much and I feel like I am really having a conversation with Him.  It's  neat to go back and read what I prayed for a month or a year ago. I love that we get to have that communication with Him through prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment